Antifungal nail polish will help to quickly get rid of mycosis, which affects the nails of the fingers or toes. It is the most practical and convenient topical medicine, as it is not rubbed, unlike drugs with a cream or gel texture.
If the nail area damaged by the fungus is not more than 60%, it is recommended to use varnish. Used as an independent tool, it can be prescribed as part of complex therapy.
Advantages and disadvantages of varnishes
Nail fungus varnishes have a liquid structure, which allows them to penetrate to the deepest depths of the nail plate and fight infection more effectively. A protective film is formed on the surface of the nail. Prevents the flow of oxygen from the outside, which is harmful to mycotic microorganisms. In addition, thanks to this film, the concentration of drugs in the nail remains high.
Most nail polish varnishes not only fight the disease, but also improve the condition of the plates. Nails become stronger, healthier and stronger. Varnishes are often allowed to be used to prevent fungal infections. They are invisible, so they can be used when visiting swimming pools, baths, gyms and other public places where the risk of infection increases.
The main disadvantages of nail polish varnishes:
- Varnishes for the treatment of nail fungus are expensive. In addition, there are contraindications to the use of all of them.
- Some varnishes contain toxic compounds, so they are not recommended for the treatment of children and pregnant women.
In general, varnish for the treatment of nail fungus is an effective tool that allows you to get rid of the disease in a quality way.
Preparation for the procedure
To increase its effectiveness, you need to be prepared to apply the drug. The easiest option is steaming with therapeutic baths.
They are implemented as follows:
- A few tablespoons of sea salt, essential oils, and laundry soap scraps are added to the hot water;
- The bath is taken for 15-20 minutes;
- After the procedure, the feet are thoroughly dried with a towel;
- Nails are cut and forked. Calluses are removed.
Then you need to treat the plate with a cloth soaked in an alcohol solution. Needed for disinfection. To facilitate the penetration of the active ingredients, you can straighten the nail from the outside to make it rough. However, the use of varnish does not require the removal of the plate.
Here are some tips from a specialist:
- Before starting treatment, it is necessary to get the advice of a specialist who will tell you exactly which strain of the fungus affects the nail;
- In case of damage to the growth zone of the nail plate, treatment should be comprehensive. In addition to topical agents, antifungals will be required to completely eradicate the infection;
- If there are lesions on the nail after the course of treatment, do not worry. It is likely that the fungus itself is already dead and its waste products are still under the nail. In this case, a medical pedicure will help.
Treatment with antifungal varnishes has many advantages. The use of such drugs is effective, convenient and comfortable, which allows you to lead an active lifestyle without losing comfort!
Contraindications and side effects
When treating a fungal infection on the nails, it should be remembered that fungicide varnishes are not a cosmetic product, but a therapeutic one. Therefore, they should be used strictly in accordance with the instructions and after consulting a doctor. Most varnishes have the same contraindications. They should not be used during pregnancy and lactation, early childhood (up to 4 years) and intolerance to the components of the therapeutic agent.
In some cases, the use of fungal varnish in people with allergies can cause undesirable allergic reactions, manifested by redness of the skin, itching and urticaria. Therefore, take care of your health and use antifungal agents in strict accordance with the recommendations of a specialist.
Here are some suggestions on how to look or get an appointment for nail fungus.
- My mother used nail polish. The remedy is expensive, but it fights the unpleasant symptoms well. It has a pleasant smell and after applying to the affected nail, there is a feeling of coolness, unpleasant itching and other discomforts disappear. I can say that my mother's toenails have been cleaned and they look better now than before, because I have to take care of them daily during the treatment. The varnish creates a strong film on the nail, and you can no longer be afraid that the fungus will spread further.
- Once I discovered this problem in myself and went to the doctor. He recommended me a cheap varnish. According to the description, the drug is a concentrate and is very effective. Within a week, the mushroom problem was eliminated.
Most people respond positively to therapeutic varnishes. The only significant disadvantage of these compositions is the high cost.
Many therapeutic agents are actively used not only for the treatment of fungal diseases, but also for the prevention of fungal infections in people prone to such diseases.
It should be noted that almost all antifungal varnishes contain large amounts of toxins, so it is recommended to study the instructions and composition of the product in detail before starting preventive measures.
Recommended for prophylactic purposes:
- wear shoes on the beach, pool, sauna or bath (preferably indoor and rubber);
- use cotton socks recommended for daily change;
- do not wear your own shoes;
- it is worth carefully wiping your feet and hands after shower and bath procedures;
- Keep feet and hands dry.
Today, antifungal varnishes have become very popular and have received very positive feedback from both doctors and people who use them.